I am working on a few projects at the moment. In between being a full time single mama to a 4 y.o. boy, R and 2 y.o. girl, A. I have been creatively inactive for basically my whole life, I have always worried too much about whether I could make some perfect and beautiful, which is, of course, a lot to live up to! I have bitten the bullet, and decided to just get to creating, and if I like what I see, well, then that is great, if not, well it's still fun, and the flow-on effects of being creative are just too great to ignore :D
I have done no drawing before, so please be kind :)
And sorry this post is fairly heavy on pics, there's a bit to catch up on!
Here is what I have been up to lately:
Willowing's Art Heart and Healing course,
Willowing's Fabulous Faces graphite portrait, I was really happy with how this one turned out - was a pleasant surprise!
Fabulous Faces, Front facing portrait. I really love this face, although the eyes are uneven and I don't like the hair , I am happy with her shading - as that was the most challenging thing for me to get my head around, the details I can work on!A random pic from the 21 secrets course :)
I am also doing Juliette Crane's How To Paint A Girl, here is one of my backgrounds:
And another background:
and another....
And my first girl. I think she looks very sweet, I have named her Primrose, might have to add some more flowers and *stuff* to the background...
Oh and I made my own journal, loosely based on a couple of youtube vids, I hand printed the paper I put on the cover, and filled it with lovely 300gsm watercolour paper :)
So that's where I am at so far, I am currently practising a few more girls to put on the backgrounds I have done. And my other homework is practising sketching faces from photos, but, yes, haven't got to that yet...
Love and art to all xx
No comments:
Post a Comment