I'm working on another graphite portrait - and having some teething troubles! Just not happy with the lips so they will have to be re-done.
Also having teething troubles with my latest girl, who is on one of my favourite backgrounds. I have just had to completely paint over her head as she was looking too comic-booky for my liking. So am re-working her at the moment to try and get her looking the way I want. Zen breathing Mel, zen breathing. It is so frustrating when I am fitting in my art stuff in the tiny little snippets of time I have to myself, and then I stuff something up and have to start over. But I remind myself that it's all part of the journey, there's no point carrying on just for the sake of it, if I'm not happy with it, as it will just always annoy me...Much more growth for me to be able to take a few deep breaths, step back, and think, hmmm, how can I change this, what can I do to this that will make me happy :)
It was funny, something that I found a little annoying, was actually a good insight for me - I showed a good friend of mine a couple of my paintings and drawings, and she said, "Oh, you should be an illustrator, do childrens books!". And that was so flattering, but I also thought, no, that would be too easy for me. My biggest problem is getting caught up in tiny details, and that is what I am trying to work through with a lot of my art. If I was to do illustrations, I could just focus on little details, but I want to break out of my old patterns, and stop always looking at the details, and just be with something, let it grow organically, then re-assess...that is where my journey lies....
No comments:
Post a Comment